This position will manage the marketing and communications for the School of Nursing (SON) and will be responsible for the strategic development and implementation of integrated marketing communications plan to promote the SON's undergraduate and graduate programs and to increase the School's visibility to internal and external constituents.
The Director functions as the SON marketing communications liaison with Office of Marketing and Communications (OMC) and collaborates regarding project management, marketing strategy, advertising, public and media relations, messaging, writing and editing, photography, and website and social media.
The Director will manage day-to-day and long-term marketing projects in collaboration with the SON, the OMC, and Pearson in order to meet enrollment and public relations goals. This position will report to the Assistant Dean, Recruitment and Enrollment Management.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
Develops, refines, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive communication strategy inclusive of all programs within the SON, in collaboration with OMC, SON Assistant Dean, Recruitment and Enrollment Management, Multimedia Coordinator, Admissions Director, Online Admissions Coordinator, and Administrative Assistant.
Coordinates and connect the SON online presence and marketing messaging across all channels including Pearson and OMC.
Manages marketing projects and processes in the SON:
- Manages the annual SON Magazine;
- Initiates and manage projects and campaigns (internal and external) and workflow priorities;
- Provides oversight of operational requirements for content review and approval for marketing assets ensuring brand consistency and quality;
- Collaborates regarding communication channel development of social media and website;
- Assists with marketing SON events and conferences;
- Assists in the development of content gathering, and writing marketing materials, advertisements, and various communications;
- Consults with writers, designers, faculty, and administrators;
- Assists OMC in story development and media requests when needed;
- Facilitates key messaging of SON differentials and programs;
- Collaborates with OMC for photography needs for the SON website and social media quality, branding, and accuracy.
Primary marketing liaison with Pearson for all aspects of online program marketing initiatives:
- digital marketing platforms
- SEO and website content
- social media channels
- video and photo shoots
- webinars, blogs
- printed and conference materials
- prospective student communications
- content review for brand consistency and quality
- consults with writers, designers, website personnel, faculty, and administrators
- Performs other related duties as assigned.