The Inside Sales Account Manager is responsible for selling Ashworth corporate products and services to existing customers and finding new leads to increase the customer base. The job purpose is to generate revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders, understanding and interpreting technical requirements, providing technical information to customers, and developing assigned accounts.
The position will reach business targets through excellent telephone sales and communication skills. This individual will also develop his or her phone-based revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
The position will provide various levels of support for Ashworth customers on company products, provides excellent customer service, technical expertise and understanding of the customer’s expectations. The individual is expected to provide technical assistance for conveyor belt selection, manage a secondary account base, prospect and qualify new customers and offer assistance to Marketing, Customer Service, Engineering and Finance.
The Inside Sales Account Manager is considered a product expert and can independently combine strong technical skills relevant to the focus areas, has advanced communication skills and strong knowledge of production processes to facilitate complex customer issues.
The agenda is to maximize the sale of Ashworth’s products in the U.S. and Canada with a focus on Lo-tension and Core products
- Leads, diagnoses and troubleshoots customer concerns from incoming calls, providing customer with understanding of resolution options or recommended solutions.
- Develops accounts by checking customers buying history; cold-call prospects that are generated by themselves, internet, trade magazines, trade show follow up or other external sources.
- Uncover sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts, building rapport, and providing technical information as required. Identify key contacts with purchasing authority and decision makers.
- Establishes new accounts by answering telephone, fax and e-mail, and web site inquiries; verifying and entering information into Epicor. Cross-sell and up-sell Ashworth belt products and promote Ashworth Factory Service. Log all sales calls into CRM data base. Include Customer equipment information and number of LTS.
- Research and penetrate all targeted accounts currently in designated sale region, generate interest and develop sales from within client base. Identify decision makers at accounts. Work to overcome objections/hesitations of current and prospective customers.
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities for target sales region and assist District Account Managers as needed. Ensure follow-up by passing leads to District Account Managers with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc. as applicable to their sales region and account criteria.
- Communicate complex technical issues and customer cases to the Engineering team members and translate technical information, results and proposals/solutions back to customers. Prepare customer quotations once customer specifications are confirmed
- Meet year-end sales quota goal through follow-up of large quotes, make outbound calls to customers in territory (A/B/C call frequency) and increase of customer base through lead generation