The role of the University of Minnesota Medical School’s Communications and Marketing Manager is to support the development of effective communication and marketing strategies in line with the Medical School’s strategic priorities: scholarship, research, education and leading edge clinical care. The right candidate has demonstrated experience in strategic communications, such as advertising, social media, content marketing, graphic design and branding. The right candidate will also have a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with wide-ranging activities and diverse internal and external constituencies. The Communications and Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Communications for the University of Minnesota Medical School.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Partner with the Director of Communications to develop internal and external communication initiatives and long-term strategic plans in line with the Medical School’s strategic goals.
- Initiate and manage projects that span a wide range of communications activities, including public and media relations, branding and design, advertising, strategic marketing and promotion, publications, web and social media, and event planning.
- Provide support, counsel, training and guidance in the effective delivery of communications to Medical School Departments.
- Write, edit, proofread, prepare and produce internal and external communications, including press releases, marketing materials, employee memos, blog articles, website copy, video scripts, advertisements and social media assets.
- Review, analyze, measure and report on the success of communication plans and campaigns.
- Proactively pitch story ideas to media contacts and respond to incoming media inquiries.
- Prepare presentations, including talking points, PowerPoint, and support collateral.
- Manage tactical execution of the social media strategy and oversee the Medical School’s social media channels.
- Develop a content marketing strategy leveraging the website, social media, email and digital advertising to promote, inform, engage and increase awareness.
- Organize, plan and facilitate the promotion and execution of Medical School events.
- Develop and monitor internal and external messages and mentions for consistency and accuracy.
- Create branded graphic designs for advertisements, website, social media, publications, marketing materials, etc.
- Responsible for delivering projects accurately, on time, and on budget.
- Create opportunities for promoting the Medical School to various stakeholders.
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to maximize the messaging potential.