Innovative Systems, Inc. is seeking a Marketing Content Strategist who has a creative vision, ambition, a record of success developing content strategies and creating content that is compelling and purposeful, and deep understanding of software/technology. As the owner of the marketing content lifecycle, you will grow awareness and demand for Innovative’s high-quality software products and services in markets around the globe.
You will be an integral part of our fast growing team of sharp, friendly, and highly dynamic professionals that embrace excellence and are unified in driving successful outcomes.
Our ideal candidate is…
An inquisitive and creative thinker and an engaging collaborator who relentlessly digs under the hood to understand market behavior and uncover trends. You have demonstrated experience applying your knowledge to develop simple and easy to understand communiqués that lead to greater brand awareness and understanding, and ultimately increased revenues. You have a minimum of 3 years professional marketing content lifecycle experience and have successfully written about software, data management, information technology, and/or regulatory compliance.
What you will be doing...
- Map out and shape a content strategy for each phase of the customer lifecycle that also aligns with business direction and goals
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Product Marketing, and other internal departments to develop world-class messaging based on Innovative’s positioning and Unique Selling Points (USP’s); continuous refine content based market feedback
- Write content for a variety of purposes including case studies, white papers, webinars, data sheets, customer education materials, presentations, sales collateral, product videos, press releases, and web content, blogs, social media, and other media as appropriate
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, conduct research, and interview prospects and existing customers as needed to develop content targeted to solving our customer’s business problems
- Continuously monitor internal and external feedback, and the competitive landscape including industry and regulatory environments to ensure our messaging remains compelling, competitive, relevant and responsive to changing trends
- Benchmark best practices examples to identify the best type of communication to use for delivering the most effective content to each industry, vertical, and/or target segment
- Leverage current events, news and trends to create timely marketing materials that highlight our thought leadership and our competitive positioning
- Work with members of Product Marketing and Marketing Communications and other departments to develop content for lead generation and go-to-market programs and ensure the messaging is aligned with overall corporate strategy and positioning
- Provide ongoing communication and training of our marketing message to internal stakeholders including R&D, Professional Services, Sales, and Account Management
- Measure and monitor content effectiveness using internal and external stakeholder/audience feedback, data and analytics and make recommendation for improvements
- Proofread all marketing materials and ensure accuracy of content.
- Stay on top of and advise larger team on leading edge thoughts in content strategy
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and experience you need...
- Minimum 3 years’ experience creating original and compelling content from concept to production to promotion for product marketing or marketing within software, data management, or compliance-related industry
- 1-2+ years actual marketing/content strategy work (not just the title)
- Experience developing high-level conceptual strategies and to effectively define and communicate detailed implementation plans
- Prior experience developing content strategies including those whose performance can be quantified
- Knowledge of current SEO practices and accessibility standards
- Outstanding command of the English language and grammar
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Logical and analytic thought process
- Results-oriented and resourceful, with a strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile
- High level of intellectual curiosity and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability and willingness to travel (US and/or internationally)
It's a plus if you have...
- Master’s degree in Marketing or Business from a top tier university
- Software, B2B marketing or management consulting experience
- Understanding of cultural impacts on marketing and buying behavior throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, APAC, and other areas of the world