Back on My Feet is run like a fast paced, innovative, corporate start-up. The majority of the organization’s senior leadership team originate from corporate backgrounds and are relentlessly focused on improving the organization’s impact and constantly looking at new ways to bring more supporters to the mission. Back on My Feet is proud to have built corporate board partnerships with companies that include Accenture, Ace Cash Express, AT&T and Marriott. While this position is nonprofit focused, we encourage individuals from a variety of backgrounds to apply.
The National Marketing Director will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will ideally be based out of either Philadelphia, PA or New York City, NY. The National Marketing Director position is a new and exciting role within our organization and will be responsible for leading our marketing efforts across the organization, developing a comprehensive national marketing strategy and building out the optimal national marketing team structure to ensure consistency and effectiveness of local events, fundracing and communications. This positions currently has one direct report – a Director of Events/Communications and would manage our media/PR agency relationship.
- Develop new marketing and communications strategy (and communications content) to significantly grow both brand awareness and support base across all communication and social media channels both nationally and in all local Chapters
- Support CEO in defining and hiring for the optimal marketing team structure and division of labor between national marketing and local Chapter marketing – in particular as it pertains to events, fundracing and communications
Revenue Generation & Donor Relations
- Manage and grow BoMF’s national and major local ‘fundracing’ programs within the organization, including meeting or exceeding budgeted revenue goals. “FundRacing” is our signature program where runners receive entry to elite/sold out races and in return, raise money for Back on My Feet. Back on My Feet provides each runner with benefits such as apparel, communication and fundraising pages.
Lead the creation of key individual giving campaigns including National Running Day and annual Holiday Campaign
Oversee the management and maximization of our Google Analytics grant
Support the VP Development/VP Operations in the creation of an effective Individual Giving Program
- Support CEO/VP Development as required to manage new or existing donor relationships
Branding, Collateral & Website
- Lead 2017 rebranding project and ensure adherence to all brand guidelines/oversee local trainings as required
- Drive consistency and improvement in all external presented collateral – including managing/sourcing external graphics support as required
- Oversee 2017 website redesign and ongoing management of website
- Project Manage the relaunch of BoMF Online Store
Media & PR
Oversee media and public relations efforts to include management and maximization of PR agency relationship, coordination with local chapters on select opportunities, development of press releases and preparation of talking points for CEO
Oversee the management of local Chapter member story development, including crafting of stories as required, to ensure key members and strong member stories readily available for media and external communications
- Drive consistency and improve the experience of all local BoMF events (including Bashes/Galas, locally-owned Races and Treadmill Challenges)
- Lead the development of new National video for use at key events and review/approve/drive best practices for all local video creation