The mission of Prevent Child Abuse America is to prevent the abuse and neglect of our nation’s children. The Senior Director of Marketing reports directly to the CEO and provides support to the Prevent Child Abuse America national office and technical assistance to the chapter and Healthy Families America networks, as well as serves as the primary point of contact for matters pertaining to marketing and marketing campaigns from the networks and other national partners and the national office. The Director of Marketing plays a critical role in partnering with the senior management team in strategic decision making and operations at Prevent Child Abuse America.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Marketing is accountable for:
- Overseeing the planning, development and execution of the organization's marketing and advertising initiatives.
- Managing the Prevent Child Abuse America, Healthy Families America and Pinwheels for Prevention brands for the organization, including establishing brand usage policies and materials; providing national staff, board and networks with templates of various materials, (e.g., letterhead and memoranda) to ensure consistent “look and feel;” overseeing the consistent use of the brands by national office staff, board and networks; overseeing the consistent implementation of the brand by partners, including monitoring and managing any infringements upon the brand; and largely ensuring the brands are only associated with credible and worthy efforts.
- Managing of the Pinwheels for Prevention® campaign including national campaigns promoting the pinwheel as the national child abuse prevention symbol; product development and quality control (pinwheels and related products), inventory management and sales to the networks, partners and the public in partnership with a vendor that manages the product program for the organization; developing national pinwheel events in major markets designed to generate national media coverage, engage corporate and organizational partners.
- Increasing revenue for the organization through successful marketing by using market research, marketing communications, advertising and public relations.
- Serving as the primary contact with cause-related marketing consultants to expand the organization’s roster of partners and revenue generated through them.
- Maintaining the set of due diligence screens through which all prospective corporate partnerships, including cause-related marketing opportunities, are reviewed.
- Supporting, and collaborating with colleagues on the management and expansion of, the organization’s main association relationships.
- Implementing corporate and cause-related marketing opportunities to also benefit the chapter network.
- Market and help manage special events.
- Seeking, managing and expanding media partnerships to help promote the organization’s mission and engage more individuals in our work.
- Seeking recognizable individuals from a variety of fields, such as entertainment, writing, music and sports, to promote the organization, help heighten its national awareness, and leverage their renown to engage and inspire the public to take action to benefit the organization.
- Supporting and advising the networks by developing and writing support materials and brochures.
- Contributing to the achievement of the national office’s strategic plan.
- Working collaboratively with the other national office senior managers to meet the organization’s mission.
- Serving as a member of the Senior Advisory Group.
- Recommending an annual budget for the areas of supervision.
- Managing, supervising and directing all staff or volunteers in the marketing area.