Position Number: D91593
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Communications and Marketing, this position is responsible for assisting in the development, planning, and implementation of communication and marketing tactics for Portland State services including Conference & Event Services (CESO), Smith Memorial Student Union (SMSU) and Campus Rec. The coordinator is primarily responsible for supporting the promotion of Portland State's new 3,000-seat Viking Pavilion as one of Portland's premier event venues. Working closely with CESO and SMSU teams, the coordinator assists in the creation, enhancement and maintenance of all promotional materials—print, digital and in person—for venues including the Viking Pavilion, SMSU, Hoffman Hall, and others. The coordinator will also assist with marketing and communication tactics for Campus Rec as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field, plus three years related experience or Master's plus one year experience
- Evidence of experience or ability to coordinate multiple simultaneous projects
- Demonstrated skills in web management and social networking for business
- Demonstrated ability to provide creative direction to graphic designers.
- Demonstrated skills in writing press releases, newsletters and web-content
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage basic video productions
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of individuals at all levels within the organization
- Must be able to mentor and oversee students
- Ability to work varied hours including evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of Drupal or other content management systems
- Basic knowledge of design software and applications including: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, teach, train, and evaluate young para-professional students in marketing
- Involvement with a professional association like PRSA or AMA